Saturday, January 5, 2013

Rainy Days and Top Gun

Really, this post is just a catch-up attempt...but I couldn't bring myself to title it "Update" and add it to the nine-gazillion other posts with "update" in the title.

As it stands now, "Top Gun" is playing in the background, Maverick is about to slay the real-life bogies (you know, at the end? instead of constantly shooting at the untouchable Ice Man), and it's raining outside. Super cold, stay inside type of rain. And I have Christmas photos to get out of my camera before another year passes and none of you get to see just what a mess the kids made of the place that morning.

It was our first Christmas in Texas after our quick departure from Alaska this summer. Texas winters are pretty much what I remember...maybe a bit hotter, actually, but still pretty much the same. A little chilly, maybe a little rainy, a few parades, and lots of tamales. (We didn't eat any this year...P made a killer prime rib that left no room for other food!)

Boy Wonder was on the other side of Texas this Christmas, so don't think I'm a bad mom or anything because I don't have photos of him...ha! I take lots and lots of photos of the poor kid. Just ask him...

New Year's Eve was here before we knew it and I was at the airport that time forgot (Hobby) scooping up said Boy Wonder and driving him back home. Love that kid. His brother nearly jumped out of his skin when he finally got off the plane. He goes back to school Tuesday and something tells me he's not too excited. Maybe it's the repeated times he's told me that he's not in a rush to get back to class...tough life for a third grader...

I took a lot of time off the Etsy shop and from writing. I made a bunch of goals for myself that I haven't even started to work towards (I suck at discipline) and, well, that's about it for now. Enjoy the Christmas photos, ya'll!

Photobucket


This was the year of Caillou for Boo. Caillou, Caillou, and even more Caillou. I hate Caillou now. 


The calm before the storm...


The first Cabbage Patch Doll is a momentous occasion in any girl's life. Kenna meets Ava Delaney for the first time...


She gets the whole "present" thing now. Way fun.


Oh. Mai. Gosh....


Every princess needs her pony castle!


Did I mention the boy loves Caillou??


No comments:

Post a Comment