Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Day in the Life: June 28, 2012

I've been meaning to get this post thrown together for a while now. The pictures have been ready for about two weeks, the blog is getting a little behind and a bit stale...you know. Perfect timing for a new post.

I've just been a bit lazy, that's all!  This sort of post was inspired by a photography blog I follow. Turns out, the author's life is way more interesting than mine and she's all shades of skinny and adorable so she shows up a lot more in her daily life photos (not so the case with me...8 months prego is not kind to my ego).

But here it is. A sort of semi-routine we've come up with here in our first month in H-Town.


6:22 a.m.
Look, I totally know the microwave clock says it's past 7 a.m., but that's only because I was in too much of a fog to snap a shot at the REAL time Andrew arrived in our room, annoucing "Kenna's awake! Kenna's awake!"


7:05 a.m.
I take small comfort in the fact that they look just about as tired as I feel, too. I just don't understand their infernal need to wake up so early if they're sleepy and crabby themselves.


7:55 a.m.
Breakfast #1. Feed the animals before they eat the blinds. It's true.


8:30 a.m.
I know I've mostly kicked my need for drive-thru coffees and the fact that I have to pay nearly $5 for the damn latte irks me---but this morning I really needed that shot of espresso. So don't judge.


9 a.m.
Breakfast #2. (What are we, Hobbits?!) Coffees imbibed. The adults are now hungry and we have a new favorite taco truck thanks to a friend of ours introducing it to us. Note the sign about drugs and tacos. Brilliant, right?



9:10 a.m.
Waiting for her breakfast tacos. In case you're wondering, Kenna's order is a bacon, egg, cheese, and potoato with a flour tortilla. She moshes that thing.


10:20 a.m.
Pool time. It hits the high temps by around noon in our neighborhood, so if I'm going to be outside, it's going to be brief, and usually before 11:45 a.m.  I'm not one for humidity, it seems. We love our pool. It's empty every morning and we make the most of it when we can.



11:45 a.m.
Kenna's usually passed out at this point and Boo needs his lunch. Today's lunch was a half-eaten sandwich and totally devoured strawberries. And some construction vehicles parked on the table for good measure.



12:30 p.m.
Me at the "office." Until maternity leave ends, I'm gainfully employed and do my work out the Alaska office. After maternity leave? Well, hello job search and hello back to the cubicles. *Sigh*


2 p.m.
Boo is getting restless by now. I'm taking too long at the computer and we've still got a minute or two to wait til we get to leave for an evening up near Spring, Tx when we take dad to work. I'm hanging on to this picture for dear life...because some day he's going to think he's too cool for his dad and I and I'm going to have to remind him of his "velcro sneaker and backwards nundies" days.



4:45 p.m.
We braved the Beltway and drove 45 minutes to drop P off here, where he was covering classes for our friends. I'm not sure we came to a complete stop before speeding out of the parking lot towards our next destinations.



5:35 p.m.
It's been a long time since I've lived in the same city as a Hobby Lobby. The kids seem equally impressed, surrounded by Christmas decorations, don't they?


6:40 p.m.
At the Barbara Bush branch of the Harris County Public Library. Great kids section, though not very friendly librarians. This is Boo's first choice of the evening, "Sammy Spider's First Shabbat." No lie.


7:28 p.m.
Oh my, he's getting tired, isn't he? This is the kids' room at Champions Gracie Barra. Boo is playing with new "rescue men" (think Army men, but with a medivac chopper and ambulance) and Kenna is obsessivly beating on the door each time she catches a glimpse of her daddy teaching. She's his number one fan. I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.


7:55 p.m.
Just a few more minutes til dad's done. We ran next door to get some awesome Mexican food to go and Boo rallied his rescue team to save a couple downed tortilla chips.


8:30 p.m.
Finally, we're all loaded up and heading home. It'll be about 9:15 or 9:30 before we get the munchkins in bed and I was a bit too zombiefied by this point to snap shots. But you get the idea, don't you? Long, fabulous day in the Applegate world.


Have a great week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment