Monday, July 23, 2012

Life Unscripted


Normally, the un-planned way of living gives me hives. Not that I'm organized or necessarily focused, but for some reason I love lists. I love having something to work on or strive towards. I love routines--not because I  find comfort in them, but mostly because I like to bust them to pieces whenever the mood strikes.

This summer, however, has been a new experience. Trying to work my normal Alaska job from a Houston living room with two small children bouncing off walls. Searching the normal job-finding venues in search of gainful employment come September. Making do with little to no furniture or organizing capabilities (lots of our stuff is still in boxes because we have no shelves. Anywhere!)

This whole "not knowing" and learning to make do with crappy situations (Hello? No truck for a month because it was lost in limbo somewhere? That stunk!) that turn out not to be crappy in the end...just different.

As I type this, I realize I have seven days to get the new baby stuff. Not just fun, ornamental stuff...but real stuff. Bottles. Bibs. Onesies. A bed of some sort. A bouncy chair so at least we can set her down now and then. I have none of these and it irks me some nights when I can't sleep because I've reached the weight category known as "whale."

But they always say the best surprises and opportunities arrive when things are upended and you allow yourself to exist in a "chaos soup" sort of existence for a while. So here I am, universe! Upended, disorganized, unsure, a little lost, and totally ready!

And the photo? Well, those two are professional life-by-the-seat-of-your-pants types. They inspire me!

Hope you're having a great week!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment