Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Roundup: What I’ve been reading this week on the ol’ WWW


“What Your Historical Reading Choice Says About You” a great post over at Seduced by History. I’m not sure I fit into my choice, but whatever. Maybe I just like guys in kilts (never mind the fact that I’ve never really seen one that would fit the description in the books I read…the fellows I see in kilts are usually the middle-aged drunk guys runnin’ around Highland games and Renn faires.)


“Songs for a Zombie Apocolypse” over on S.G. Browne’s Web site. He’s got a new release “Breathers: A Zombie’s Lament” out this month and I’m excited. So EXCITED!
With all this swine flu talk, chances for a zombie apocalypse are high. Anyway, there’s an entire twitter feed that goes on about Zombies on Thursdays. Find it at (#zombietalk). S.G. Browne has “The Man Comes Around” by Johnny Cash and that garners him automatic placement in my “most awesomest people around on the WWW list”. He also chose “Dirty Deeds” by AC/DC.

My thoughts? For battling a Zombie Horde, “Lunatic Fringe” by Red Rider and “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister are definite must haves.


“Felt Laptop Cozy Tutorial” by Away to Me. I figure I have a better chance of finishing off the damn manuscript if I have my laptop with me. The problem with having my laptop with me is the puke-green nightmare bag that I have to carry it in. It’s heavy, it’s awkward, and with my other bags needed throughout the day, I look like a homeless person by the time I get all my gear together. I want to make one. I’ll probably never have the time, but I can dream. Indeed.


“BookCrossing Donation” by The Literary Octogon. I want to get in on this program. You leave a book with a registration number and when somebody happens upon it and reads it, they log it into the Web site. ‘Cept with my luck, it would get picked up by someone and pawned off for booze money. Not that that’s a bad thing, per se, just not the intended purpose, ya dig?

Anyway, free things are awesome in times like these. Swine Flu’s gonna turn the world into zombies by next year, so you better get in all your leisure reading while you can.


“My First Sale”: an interview with Kerrelynn Sparks over at Dear Author. The bottom line? I like reading about authors who make a sale. I really do. It gives me hope that there’s enough of the pie out there for all of us. Plus, Kerrelynn writes about vampires and she writes about the long road to getting to what you want. Double bonus. She’s neat. You should visit her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment