Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer of 100 Books: Week Three

Another great week for books, and this week, Daddy was the guest of honor a few nights in a row.

Reading book after book after book after book...you get the picture. I'm pretty sure neither of us truly understand HOW MANY BOOKS our children really possess, plus the weekly library stash! (It's gotta be in the thousands...)

24. Harry, the Dirty Dog (the link will take you to a version read by Betty White...score!)
25. Harry, by the sea
26. Chicka, Chicka ABC
27. Busy Doggies
28. My truck book
29. Caillou's Baby Sister
30. Bow-wow's colorful life
31. The Best Mouse Cookie
32. Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling
33. Color Farm
34. The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!
35. Daddy and Me
36. No More Diapers for Ducky
37. Sounds tough! Big Noisy Machines

I need to take a second and talk Mo Willems (see # 34.) Boy Wonder did a month or two reading Willems in first grade and even got to work on similar style art projects as the kids devoured the pigeon and elephant books. I never got the chance to read any of his work until we grabbed the board book this weekend. OMG. Fantastic, creative, funny stuff.

Coupled with the fact that my awesome husband read the cantankerous Pigeon in his best surly Jersey voice? AWESOME! I found Mo Willems' website and highly recommend it and the books you can get your hands on. He even has a really creative blog called Mo Willems Doodles that I'm a new super fan of. Where has this pigeon been all my life?!?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment