Sunday, April 17, 2011

Between the covers: April/May

I can not tell you how this fantasy/historical/sci-fi ish novel ended up in my grubby paws. Mostly it's from the HBO commercial for the series now out (and we don't have HBO *sniff*!)


But I picked it up. I investigated the author--he's pretty rad. And I began reading. And it's not the most straight forward and you have to row your boat pretty hard against a current of shifting POVS...but WOW. The man can weave a tale, he can create a world that is at the same time fascinating AND will make you grateful you can walk to the neighborhood Starbucks for a triple-shot, no whip, Caramel Macchiato.



Suffice to say I wouldn't last very long in Winterfell...(hell, a number of his characters don't, either!) but it's a great book and I'm grateful to HBO marketing and too much TV for showing me the way.




Oh, and George R. R. Martin. Totally grateful for him, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment