Sunday, February 10, 2013

crowded kitchen: a week of meals


happy sunday, friends!

here's the bottom line when it comes to me and cooking during the week: i hate it. no, no...i love food. but i hate preparing it when i have the four minions all to myself without my sweetheart in sight 'til well after bedtime.
the last thing i want to do is suffer through those grumpy last hours trying to cook and not lose my cool.

'cause sometimes i lose my cool. shocking, i know.

monday through thursday, i'm a bit of a cheater. i wait until p comes home for lunch and i cook dinner then. well, by cook, i mean shove a bunch of stuff into a slow cooker and let it cook for me. i've done that for two weeks now and it's made all the difference in the world when it comes to dinner time. i can pull makenna and boo apart when they're at each other's throats, i can toss riley roo up in the air four million times like she likes, and i can help boy wonder with his homework (that really means i can be on his hiney like a hawk when his attention drifts every three seconds...'cause that's how it happens 'round here.)

last week we had sloppy joes, picadillo, chicken burritos, and french toast. friday is always pizza night (night off!) this week we're trying a couple new ones, thanks to my absolute FAVORITEST cooking site in the world, Skinnytaste. Have you checked Gina out over there? She gives WW points and everything...I love her so.

I also found the world's coolest menu planner and shopping list template thanks to the Project Girl. She's another neat one to know. I filled in the menus for the week and all the ingredients needed for my shopping trip. Woo hooo. I'm ready.

So here we go...

Sunday (tonight)
Roasted rosemary mediteranean chicken (my recipe)
Twice baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese

Monday
Santa Fe Chicken (slow cooker)

Tuesday
Greek turkey  meatballs with tzaziki (slow cooker)

Wednesday
Chicken Taco Chili (slow cooker)

Thursday
Grilled cheese and soup (easy peasy, lazy me.)

Friday 
Pizza night (thanks, Papa Johns!)

Saturday
Cheese Ravioli and Marinara Sauce (dad's cooking...wooo!)

Bonus:
Wednesday morning is special breakfast day around here and I'm doing Gina's Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins. Hooray!

What's on your menu this week?

...happy eating....


Photobucket

1 comment: