Wednesday, March 6, 2013

crowded kitchen: blueberry and spinach yogurt smoothies


i love this smoothie in the mornings and find the versatility comes in handy when i'm low on produce....which is every two days, it seems. (my kids must be part fruit bat.)

the kids love this as long as they don't notice me sneaking the spinach in, and with smoothies, you have the luxury of sneaking good stuff in without all the fuss. (i liken it to hiding the dog's pill in hot dog--same idea.)

Depending on what I have around for add-ins, I toss in a bit of chia seed powder, flax powder, mean green powder, coconut oil, or even miralax when the Boo won't poo. (Was that TMI? I'm sorry...)

If I'm low on blueberries, I use frozen strawberries. Or raspberries. Or peaches. It's an endless matrix of fruit and hidden superfoods, folks.

Blueberry and Spinach Yogurt Smoothie

1 individual carton of greek yogurt (I love the coconut flavored, but will use plain, too)
1 to 1.5 cup milk, depending on preferred consistency
1 cup of frozen fruit
1/2 cup spinach leaves
Honey, to taste
Chia powder (optional)

Blend, hide the vitamins, and serve.

Nice...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment