Monday, March 18, 2013

the end of spring break


I miss my boy wonder. I mean, sure, he'll be leaping off the bus in about four and a half hours, but still. Him being at school today means that our spring break is over. It was the first spring break we got to spend together since, umm, forever. (This is my first year staying home and every other year, I was at work when he was off school.)

We didn't make it to Austin like we'd hoped we would. Didn't make it to the beach in Galveston or Corpus Christi (probably not a bad thing...I'm still getting into shape and I don't need a bunch of drunk coeds bouncing around in bikinis to bring out the homicidal in me).

But we did...lots. We had an awesome visit from Grampa and Nana. We spent some time in the arcade shooting spiders and winning Annoying Orange thingies in the claw machine. We ate too much corned beef on St. Paddy's day (oh, barf) and the boys did a week-long campout in the living room watching television into the wee hours of the night. They love doing that.

So today he's back at school and the tinies and I miss him.

In other news, the bluebonnets are popping up around town. Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am to be back in Texas? Last year at this time we were on the brink of being homeless (rental house was being sold out from under us), sick of the snow and the mud, and generally feeling like we didn't belong in Alaska. And we pretty much didn't. God Bless Texas!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment