Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Parents Visit and I Add to the Bucket List


First, the parentals came to Katy for two days.

We tracked them from El Paso with a pritned map of Texas on our fridge. 7:30 a.m. leaving El Paso. 10:30 a.m. rolling out of Fort Stockton. Ozona by noon. San Antonio by 3:30 p.m. The kids were losing their minds with excitement. I was losing my mind, too, but mostly because I had WAY too much house to clean and the length of I-10 between their car and my house was hurtling to zero. They drove FAST. P and I cleaned FAST. Somehow it all worked out.

We had about 60 hours with them and it went by in a flashing zooooooom! (Audio not included in this post.) Boo was glued to Grampa's side for most of those 60 hours and we did the best we could to catch up in the twenty seven seconds we had at night when all the kids were quiet and I wasn't snoring.

You know the only thing better than catching up with your parents? Watching your kids develop that crazy-grandparent adoration that has absolutely nothing to do with you as a mom or a dad. It's a relationship that belongs solely to them and I can tell it's something their going to hold tight to the rest of their lives.

Here's to you Nana and Grampa...speeding across the deserts  of West Texas as I type this. Godspeed and hurry back.

A side note.

I've decided to add "Perform a short set at a comedy club open mic night" to my bucket list. I have no idea why. The thought kinda makes me want to pee my pants a bit. But, yeah. There it is.

Hope your spring break is going as awesome as ours is!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment